These easy Greek lamb gyros are made with lamb sirloin and a simple but flavorful Greek marinade. Cook the lamb on the griddle quickly and easily, slice thin, and pile on some pita bread with your favorite Greek toppings. Delicious!
Easy Greek Lamb Gyros on the Griddle
- 1 pound lamb sirloin
- tzatziki sauce – We use the store-bought Hannah brand
- 4 pita bread – We use the Joseph’s brand
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Greek seasoning
- garlic powder
- Greek gyro toppings – shredded lettuce diced tomatoes, kalamata olives, banana peppers, feta cheese, sliced red onion
For the Greek Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze or you can substitute 1 tablespoon honey
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all marinade ingredients to a gallon size zip top bag. Stir to combine.
- Add lamb to the bag in the marinade. Zip the top of the bag closed while trying to push out any extra air from the bag. Refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- When lamb is done marinating, preheat griddle or skillet. Place the marinated lamb sirloin on the heated griddle and allow to cook on the first side.
- While lamb is cooking, spread a thin layer of olive oil on one side of each pita. Sprinkle Greek seasoning and garlic powder on top. Heat the pitas on the griddle, oiled side down until warm.
- When the lamb is about halfway cooked through, flip to the second side and continue to cook until done.
- When lamb is cooked to your liking, transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Then, slice the lamb into thin slices against the grain.
- To make your Greek lamb gyros, add cooked lamb, shredded lettuce, tzatziki sauce, feta cheese, and your other favorite toppings to the warm pita bread. Fold like a taco and enjoy!